The Designing and Delivering Effective Exercises course – part of the Validation stage of the BCM Lifecycle.
This 1-day course provides the business continuity and resilience professional with the knowledge of how to design and develop exercises that work.
Designing and delivering effective exercises is a skill to be mastered for any business continuity and resilience professional. A key part of the Validation stage of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Lifecycle, exercising the BCM programme for some is the most interesting part of the job. It helps us to practice what to do when things go wrong, and builds confidence and a capability that means the organization can more effectively respond, recover, take opportunities, and learn from a disruption. Exercises are the best way to test our systems, rehearse our plans, and a chance to safely prepare our people.
This course is based on the Business Continuity Institute’s Good Practice Guidelines and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301 and ISO 22398.
For more information, please visit BCI.
Our Training Courses
- Business continuity and resilience professionals who are responsible for developing and delivering exercises. This course is also suitable for those professionals in related disciplines who need to learn how to effectively exercise plans.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience working in an organization in a continuity and resilience related role.
This BCI Training course is delivered as a one-day course, classroom based, in an interactive environment to ensure maximum benefits to participants, under responsibility of Abilene Advisors, as Training Partner under BCI License.
The key objectives of this training course are to provide students with the ability to:
- Select appropriate exercise aims, objectives and formats;
- Develop realistic and engaging scenarios;
- Understand how to resource and coordinate delivery;
- Carry out post exercise evaluations and report lessons learned.
All students will receive an official certificate of attendance directly from the BCI.