BCI Incident Response Crisis Management
The Incident Response & Crisis Management course – part of the Design stage of the BCM Lifecycle
This 2-days course is a comprehensive learning opportunity covering all aspects of developing and implementing an incident response structure and crisis management capability. It begins with learning how to build an incident response structure, as introduced in the Design stage of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Lifecycle, and goes beyond incident management into learning how to build a crisis management capability in an organization.
This course provides the business continuity and resilience professional with the opportunity to gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of this subject as well as the opportunity to apply this knowledge in the classroom using a case study and an exercise.
The course is broken down into modules exploring the concepts and principles of incident and crisis management and what tools and techniques can be applied when anticipating and assessing incidents. It also looks at the key activities, roles and responsibilities required for effective incident and crisis management. This course is based on the Business Continuity Institute’s Good Practice Guidelines and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301 and BS 11200.
Our Training Courses
Who should attend?
- Business continuity and resilience professionals who require in-depth knowledge and an understanding of how to build an incident and crisis management capability in an organization.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience working in an organization in a continuity and resilience related role.
- This course is not a crisis leadership or crisis communications training course but is designed for those with responsibilities for developing and implementing incident and crisis management plans and procedures, and who may have an active role in a crisis management team.
This BCI Training course is delivered as a two-days course, classroom based, in an interactive environment to ensure maximum benefits to participants, under responsibility of Abilene Advisors, as Training Partner under BCI License.
The objectives of this training course are to provide students with the ability to:
- Understand the principles, strategies and techniques for incident response and crisis management;
- Develop the knowledge and skills necessary for implementing an effective structure and processes for responding to and managing incidents and crises.
Certificate of attendance
All students will receive an official certificate of attendance directly from the BCI.