ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Certification
Mastering the Audit of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to 17021.
Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
This training is compatible with BS 25999 audit (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
For more information, please visit PECB.
Our Training Courses
Who should attend?
- Internal auditors;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) certification audits;
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Business Continuity Management System audit process;
- Persons responsible for the Business continuity conformity in an organization;
- Members of a business continuity team;
- Expert advisors in information technology;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for a Business continuity audit function.
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines;
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021;
- To acquire the expertise necessary to manage a BCMS audit team;
- Understanding the operation of the Business Continuity Management System in accordance with ISO22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999;
- To understand the relationship between a Business Continuity Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization;
- To improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, risk assessment and audit decision-making in the context of a BCMS.
Day 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301:
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO 27031, ISO/PAS 22399, BS 25999 and regulatory framework;
- Fundamental principles of business continuity;
- ISO 22301 certification process;
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS);
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 10 of ISO22301.
Day 2: Planning and Initiating an ISO 22301 audit:
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles;
- Audit approach based on evidence and on risk;
- Preparation of an ISO 22301 certification audit;
- BCMS documentation audit;
- Conducting an opening meeting.
Day 3: Conducting an ISO 22301 audit:
- Communication during the audit;
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation;
- Audit test plans;
- Formulation of audit findings;
- Documenting of nonconformities.
Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 22301 audit:
- Audit documentation;
- Quality review;
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 22301 audit;
- Evaluation of corrective action plans;
- ISO 22301 surveillance audit;
- ISO 22301 internal audit management program.
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of BS 25999 or ISO 27031 and business continuity concepts is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
⦁ Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
⦁ Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
⦁ Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
⦁ Practice test similar to the certification exam.
Exam & Certification
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity;
- Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS);
- Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles;
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 22301 audit;
- Domain 5: Conducting of an ISO 22301 audit;
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 22301 audit;
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 audit program.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- Duration: 3 hours;
- For more information about exam, refer to ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Exam;
- After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Auditor, Certified ISO 22301 Auditor or Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor depending on their level of experience. Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors;
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential;
- For more information about ISO 22301 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Certification.