ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Certification
Mastering the implementation and management of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2012. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement business continuity processes from the ISO 22399.
This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects).
This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
For more information, please visit PECB.
Our Training Courses
Who should attend ?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Business continuity auditors who wish to fully understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System
- Persons responsible for the business continuity conformity in an organization
- Members of a business continuity team
- Expert advisors in business continuity
- Members of an organization that want to prepare for an business continuity function or for a BCMS project management function
- To Understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999
- To Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a Business Continuity Management System
- To Understand the relationship between the components of a Business Continuity Management System and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a BCMS as specified in ISO22301 or BS 25999
- To Acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO22301 or BS 25999
- To Develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of business continuity
- To Improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of business continuity management
Day 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301; Initiating a BCMS
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO/PAS 22399, ISO 27031, BS 25999 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Business continuity
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the maturity level of the existing Business Continuity Management System based upon ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a BCMS
Day 2: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Definition of the scope of a BCMS
- Definition of business continuity policy and objectives
- Development of a BCMS and business continuity policies
- Business impact analysis (BIA) and risk assessment
Day 3: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design of business continuity processes and writing procedures
- Implementation of business continuity processes
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the business continuity
- Incident management and emergency management
- Operations management of a BCMS
Day 4: Controlling, monitoring and measuring and improving a BCMS and certification audit of a BCMS
- Controlling and Monitoring a BCMS
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards
- ISO 22301 internal Audit
- Management review of a BCMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO 22301 certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 27031 or BS 25999 and business continuity concepts is recommended
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
Exam & Certification
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business continuity Control Best Practice
- Domain 3: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish)
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about exam, refer to ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Exam
- After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Implementer, Certified ISO 22301 Implementer or Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential
- For more information about ISO 22301 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Certification
Testimonials about the trainer
En tant que titulaire d’un Master en sécurité des systèmes d’information, j’ai souhaité approfondir mes connaissances en continuité des systèmes d’information. Pour cela j’ai pu bénéficier des cous prodigués par Monsieur Henri Haenni, et obtenir une certification ISO22301 pour commencer, puis une année plus tard, la certification BCI. Les grand avantages procurés par cette double approche m’a permis d’étudier, comprendre puis pratiquer les divers aspects couverts par ces techniques. J’ai pu bénéficier de l’expertise et de l’expérience de Monsieur Haenni qui maîtrise ces domaines et méthodologies. Dans le cadre de consulting en entreprise on peut ainsi faire profiter au client des meilleures pratiques qui correspondront le mieux au contexte traité. Je remercie Monsieur Haenni pour ces aspects de formation et de partage d’expérience qui me servent tous les jours.
Pierre ToquardGérant BAM4S - BAM4S
Henri presented this dry topic in an interesting and funny way. Thanks to his immense experience he could explain theoretical topics in using practical examples.
I did really appreciate the training on the whole, particularly the methodology and the trainer.
Matteo BassoDepuy Synthes
It was a pleasure to attend the course. It’s well deployed and the trainer shows openess to questions and includes professional stories to better explain.
J’ai eu l’opportunité de suivre la formation ISO 22301 Lead Implmeenter délivrée par Henri Haenni. Ce cours passionnant m’a permis d’acquérir une connaissance claire et précise de la mise en œuvre de cette norme. Le formateur possède une compétence et une expérience élevée, et cela constitue un avantage lors de l’animation de ce cours.
Business Continuity ManagerChemical Industry
Formation très utilie, formateur très engagé et disponible pour toutes interrogations.
Ahmed Said-AzzaBanking sector
The Next 3 Courses
Dec ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
Jan ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
Feb ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
Apr ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
Apr ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
May ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
May ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
Jun ISO 22301 Lead Implementer