Cybersecurity Audit Foundation
Become acquainted with the best practices of Cybersecurity Audit based on ISO/IEC 27032 and other relevant audit standards.
The Cybersecurity Audit training course encapsulates the basic knowledge of auditing a cybersecurity program. The content of this training course incorporates the essentials of cybersecurity auditing encompassed in a two-day foundation course. Cybersecurity audits are an essential tool in testing the effectiveness and safety of the mitigation strategies that organizations employ to protect their systems against cyberattacks.
Moreover, candidates will become familiarized with the key concepts of cybersecurity. These key concepts include different controls such as preventive, detective and corrective controls, and more importantly the knowledge of applying the appropriate controls to various environments.
During this training course you will be able to understand the different modules of cybersecurity audit, including the cybersecurity frameworks, management of the cybersecurity risks, audit activities such as the initiation of an audit and draft of audit reports, cybersecurity controls and audit strategies.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Our Training Courses
- Individuals involved in cybersecurity management;
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of auditing a cybersecurity program;
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in cybersecurity audit.
- Understand and acquire comprehensive knowledge on the components and operations of a cybersecurity program conform to ISO 27032;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 27032, ISO 27001, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework as well as other standards and operating frameworks;
- Understand the auditor’s role: to plan, lead and follow-up on a cybersecurity audit in accordance with relevant audit standards and best practices.
Day 1: Fundamental concepts and principles of cybersecurity and cybersecurity auditing
Day 2: Introduction to cybersecurity audit criteria and the cybersecurity auditing process & Certification Exam
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Cybersecurity Audit Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts and principles of cybersecurity and cybersecurity auditing
- Domain 2: Introduction to cybersecurity frameworks, audit criteria and auditing process
- The “PECB Cybersecurity Audit Foundation” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual;
- Duration: 1 hour
- For more information about PECB Cybersecurity Audit Foundation exam and certification, refer to Cybersecurity Audit Foundation Exam & Certification.