Advanced Auditing Techniques in Information Security
Become a Master of Audits with the World-Class Audit Course that teaches you everything about auditing techniques.
• Designed to provide an in-depth understanding and elaboration of various techniques and audits in Information Security;
• This course focuses on improving the auditor’s performance during audit mandates, including but not limited to the preparing, conducting, and closing an audit;
• Prepares auditors to plan, perform, and close an audit successfully by embracing advanced techniques, internal controls, sampling methods, evidence gathering, evidence evaluation, etc;
• Based on best practices including ISO 19011, ISO/IEC 17021, and other relevant audit standards.
Our Training Courses
- Experienced auditors that have already finished a Lead Auditor course;
- Auditors who would like to have a more in-depth knowledge about advanced audits and various techniques;
- Technical experts seeking to advance the auditing skills in various fields;
- Expert advisors of various industries.
- Understand what makes a professional audit report;
- Identify key barriers faced in audit mandates;
- Understand and discuss the impact of internal controls in the audit program;
- Understand and apply the components of auditing, planning, risk, materiality and evidence gathering;
- Embrace various techniques on file preparation, evaluation of audit evidence, sampling methods, and the documentation of internal controls.
- Auditing and Reviewing Policies
- Auditing and Reviewing Information Security Responsibilities
- Auditing Mobile Devices and Teleworking
- Auditing Human Resources Security
- Auditing Assets
- Auditing User Access Management
- Auditing and Reviewing User Responsibilities
- Auditing System and Application Access Controls
- Auditing Cryptographic Controls
- Auditing Secure Areas
- Auditing Equipment Security
- Auditing Operating Procedures and Responsibilities
- Auditing Protection from Malware
- Auditing and Testing Backups
- Auditing and Testing Monitoring and Logging
- Auditing Operational Software
- Auditing and testing Technical Vulnerabilities
- Auditing Network Security
- Auditing Information Transfer
- Auditing Information Systems
- Auditing Development and Support Processes
- Auditing Incident Management and Response
- Auditing Business Continuity
- Auditing Agreements and Third Parties
- Auditing Legal Compliance
• PECB Certified Lead Auditor Course (or equivalent).
• Comprehensive understanding of audit principles and the relevant Management System.
- The “PECB Certified Audit Masterclass” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an audit
- Domain 2: Preparation of an audit
- Domain 3: Conducting an audit
- Domain 4: Audit evidence controls and techniques
- Domain 5: Closing an audit
- Domain 6: Addressing ethics, liabilities, and rules of conduct
- Domain 7: Leading an audit team
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours;
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.