General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Obtain all the competences and knowledge necessary to lead all the processes for implementing and complying with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organization.
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including: privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Our Training Courses
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of the new procedures and adoption of the new requisites presented in the GDPR, which will come into force and effect by the 25th May 2018;
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks;
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team;
- Expert advisors in security of personal data;
- Technical experts and compliance experts wanting to prepare for a Data Protection Officer job.
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe;
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation;
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them;
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements;
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR;
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data;
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection.
Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR and initiation of the GDPR Compliance:
- Course objective and structure;
- General Data Protection Regulation;
- Fundamental Principles of the GDPR;
- Initiating the GDPR Implementation;
- Understanding the Organization and Clarifying the Data Protection Objectives;
- Analysis of the Existing System.
Day 2: Plan the implementation of the GDPR:
- Leadership and approval of the GDPR Compliance Project;
- Data Protection Policy ;
- Definition of the Organizational Structure of Data Protection;
- Data Classification ;
- Risk Assessment under the GDPR.
Day 3: Deploying the GDPR:
- Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA);
- Design of Security Controls and Drafting of Specific Policies & Procedures;
- Implementation of Controls;
- Definition of the Document Management Process;
- Communication Plan;
- Training and Awareness Plan.
Day 4: Monitoring and continuous improvement of GDPR compliance:
- Operations Management;
- Incident Management;
- Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation;
- Internal Audit;
- Data breaches and corrective actions;
- Continual Improvement;
- Competence, Evaluation and Closing the Training.
- Knowledge on general data protection regulation is preferred.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam;
- Examination and Certification.
- The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Data Protection Concepts and Rights of the Data Subject
- Domain 2: Data controllers, processors and the DPO
- Domain 3: Planning the GDPR compliance project
- Domain 4: Data Protection Impact Assessment and Privacy Impact Assessment
- Domain 5: Data Protection Measures and Approaches
- Domain 6: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of the GDPR compliance project
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish)
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about exam, refer to CDPO Exam ;
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential;
- For more information about CDPO certifications and PECB certification process, refer to CDPO Certification .
Testimonials about the trainer
The teacher was clearly a subject matter expert in all aspects of the GDPR. I enjoyed the comments and explications, and the interaction between students.
Francis Van der StaeyRadar Risk
Course was really helpfull and provided good guidance as have to implement & ensure adherence to GDPR guidelines.
Astrid WyssRedsen Consulting
Cette formation est très utile pour démystifier la problématique GDPR et disposer d’un plan d’action concret pour la mise en conformité.
La formation permet d’appréhender le cycle de vie de la GDPR / RGPD. On y répond à de nombreuses questions et l’on est équipé pour lancer les actions sur le sujet.
Une formation très utile pour aussi bien savoir quoi faire vis-à-vis de GDPR que savoir quelles sont les obligations pour qui et pourquoi. Merci pour du temps bien investi.