ISO 20000 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of IT Service Management Systems (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000.
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of IT Service Management Systems and consequently improve an organization’s IT processes and/or services, effectiveness and overall performance.
For more information, please visit PECB
Our Training Courses
- Managers or consultants involved in IT Service Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an IT Service Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ITSMS requirements;
- ITSMS team members.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO/IEC 20000-2 and other standards and regulatory framework;
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ITSMS;
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an ITSMS;
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing IT Service Management System best practices.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000 and initiation of an ITSMS
- Course objectives and structure;
- Normative and regulatory framework;
- Fundamentals of service management;
- Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000;
- Initiating the SMS implementation;
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the SMS objectives;
- Analysis of existing management system;
- Formalization and approval of the SMS project.
Day 2: Plan the implementation of an ITSMS h Service Management System
- SMS scope;
- Policies for SMS;
- Management responsibility;
- Documentation requirements;
- Process design;
- Training, awareness and communication.
Day 3: Implementation of an ITSMS
- Implementation of new or changed services;
- Service delivery processes;
- Relationship Management;
- Resolution Process h Control Processes.
Day 4: ITSMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Measurement of the SMS;
- Internal audit;
- Management Review;
- Continual improvement management;
- Preparing for the certification audit;
- Competence and evaluation of implementers;
- Closing the training.
- A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral présentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an IT Service Management System (ITSMS);
- Domain 2: IT Service Management System (ITSMS);
- Domain 3: Planning an ITSMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 20000-1;
- Domain 4: Implementing an ITSMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1;
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ITSMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1;
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ITSMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1;
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ITSMS certification audit.
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about the exam, refer to ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer Exam;
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential;
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer Certification.