ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Certification
Master the project management based on ISO 21500.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing Guidance on Project Management as specified in ISO 21500:2012. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement and manage project management processes.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Our Training Courses
- Project managers;
- Operations managers;
- Program managers;
- Quality managers;
- Senior managers;
- Members of a project management team;
- Project sponsors.
- To understand the implementation of projects in accordance with ISO 21500;
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, techniques and processes allowing an effective project management according to ISO 21500;
- To understand the relationship between the project management and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization;
- To acquire the competence to initiate, plan, implement, control and close a project as specified in ISO 21500;
- To acquire necessary expertise to manage a team when implementing ISO 21500;
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in project management.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 21500 and initiating processes:
- Course objective and structure;
- Standard and regulatory Framework;
- Introduction, methodologies and responsibilities;
- Project Management concepts and their relationships;
- Project Management processes and Subject Group;
- Develop a project charter;
- Identify the stakeholders;
- Establish the project team.
Day 2: Planning the processes as specified in ISO 21500:
- Project plan, scope, WBS and activities;
- Estimate resources, define project organization and sequence activities;
- Estimate activities durations, develop schedule and estimate costs;
- Develop budget, identify risks and asses risks;
- Plan quality, plan procurement and plan communications.
Day 3: Implementing the processes as specified in ISO 21500:
- Direct Project Work;
- Manage stakeholders;
- Develop project team;
- Treat Risk;
- Perform quality assurance;
- Select Suppliers;
- Distribute information;
- Control project work, changes and scope.
Day 4: Controlling and closing the processes as specified in ISO 21500:
- Control resources, manage project and control schedule;
- Control costs and risks;
- Perform quality control, administer procurements and manage communication;
- Close project (phase);
- Collect lesson learned;
- Project Audit;
- Closing the training.
ISO 21500 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 21500 or Project Management is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam;
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts in Project Management;
- Domain 2: Initiating processes of the Project Management;
- Domain 3: Planning processes of Project Management;
- Domain 4: Implementing processes to perform the Project Management activities;
- Domain 5: Controlling processes to monitor and measure the performance against project plan;
- Domain 6: Closing processes;
- Domain 7: Competences and evaluation of Lead Project Managers.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English & French);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about the exam, refer to ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Exam ;
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential;
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Certification .