ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Certification
Master the project management based on ISO 21500
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing Guidance on Project Management as specified in ISO 21500:2012. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement and manage project management processes.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Our Training Courses
- Project managers
- Operations managers
- Program managers
- Quality managers
- Senior managers
- Members of a project management team
- Project sponsors
- To understand the implementation of projects in accordance with ISO 21500;
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, techniques and processes allowing an effective project management according to ISO 21500;
- To understand the relationship between the project management and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization;
- To acquire the competence to initiate, plan, implement, control and close a project as specified in ISO 21500;
- To acquire necessary expertise to manage a team when implementing ISO 21500;
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in project management.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 21500 and initiating processes:
- Course objective and structure;
- Standard and regulatory Framework;
- Introduction, methodologies and responsibilities;
- Project Management concepts and their relationships;
- Project Management processes and Subject Group;
- Develop a project charter;
- Identify the stakeholders;
- Establish the project team.
Day 2: Planning the processes as specified in ISO 21500:
- Project plan, scope, WBS and activities;
- Estimate resources, define project organization and sequence activities;
- Estimate activities durations, develop schedule and estimate costs;
- Develop budget, identify risks and asses risks;
- Plan quality, plan procurement and plan communications.
Day 3: Implementing the processes as specified in ISO 21500:
- Direct Project Work;
- Manage stakeholders;
- Develop project team;
- Treat Risk;
- Perform quality assurance;
- Select Suppliers;
- Distribute information;
- Control project work, changes and scope.
Day 4: Controlling and closing the processes as specified in ISO 21500:
- Control resources, manage project and control schedule;
- Control costs and risks;
- Perform quality control, administer procurements and manage communication;
- Close project (phase);
- Collect lesson learned;
- Project Audit;
- Closing the training.
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 21500 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 21500 or Project Management is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam;
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts in Project Management;
- Domain 2: Initiating processes of the Project Management;
- Domain 3: Planning processes of Project Management;
- Domain 4: Implementing processes to perform the Project Management activities;
- Domain 5: Controlling processes to monitor and measure the performance against project plan;
- Domain 6: Closing processes;
- Domain 7: Competences and evaluation of Lead Project Managers.
The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English & French);
Duration: 3 hours;
For more information about the exam, refer to the section on ISO / IEC 21500 Lead Project Manager Exam;
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 21500 Provisional Project Manager, Certified ISO 21500 Project Manager or Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager depending on their level of experience;
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential;
For more information about ISO 21500 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Certification.