ISO 9001 Lead Implementer Certification
Mastering the implementation and management of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001:2015.
This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects) and it is based on the quality management principles described in ISO 9000.
Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement quality processes that will address risks and opportunities and thus lead to the improvement of the overall performance and the basis for a sustainable development.
Moreover, this training is fully compatible with ISO 9004 guidance’s (Managing for the sustained success of an organization – A quality management approach).
For more information, please visit PECB.
Our Training Courses
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS);
- ISO 9001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Quality Management System implementation process;
- Persons responsible for the Quality or conformity in an organization;
- Members of a quality team;
- Expert advisors in Quality Management Systems;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for a quality function or for a QMS project management function.
- To understand the implementation of a Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001;
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a Quality Management System;
- To gain the knowledge and skills in identifying the risks and opportunities associated with an organization;
- To understand the relationship between the components of a Quality Management System and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization;
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a QMS as specified in ISO 9001and ISO 9004;
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO 9001;
- To develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of quality;
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of quality management;
- To prepare an organization for an ISO 9001 audit.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 9001 and initiation of a QMS
- Course objective and structure
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Quality Management System (QMS)
- Initiating the QMS implementation
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the quality objectives
Day 2: Plan the implementation of the QMS
- Analysis of the existing management system
- Leadership and approval of the QMS project
- QMS scope
- Policies for quality management
- Risk assessment
- Planning of product and service provision
- Definition of organizational structure of the QMS
- Definition of the document management process
Day 3: Deploying the QMS
- Operations Management
- Training and awareness plan
- Communication plan
- Product and service requirements, design, and purchasing process
- Product and service realization and control
Day 4: QMS measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of problems and non-conformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
ISO 9001 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 9001 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral présentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
Exam & Certification
- The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Quality
- Domain 2: Quality Management System Best Practice based on ISO 9001
- Domain 3: Planning a QMS based on ISO 9001
- Domain 4: Implementing a QMS based on ISO 9001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a QMS based on ISO 9001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a QMS based on ISO 9001
- Domain 7: Preparing for a QMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about exam, refer to ISO 9001 Lead Implementer Exam;
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential;
- For more information about ISO 9001 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to ISO 9001 Lead Implementer Certification.